samedi 11 février 2012

Shabbat shalom

The meaning of life why am I on earth have been the underlined questions of my existence. To be good would be one answer, to be a good mother would be another. Is it as simple as that ?
To be a good jew that's a touch more complicated. It's shabbat and I'm writing, using the computer I even made some tea to help me sleep since I'm awake and it's 4 in the morning... All things a good jew shouldn't be doing. What is it to be a good jew. Hillel said the heart of the torah is don't do to others what you wouldn't want them to do to you, the rest he continued is commentary. To acknowledge shabbat the fact that g-d rested on the 7th day, do I have to acknowledge it by my actions. Or do I acknowledge shabbat simply because I'm aware of it.
Shabbat shalom

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire