vendredi 24 février 2012

Strange movement of life

Over the years I met people, lots of people, lots of boys, no men. Among those boys, some i don't remember the faces or the names, some I din't even remember the days afterward, but some, few, very few, maybe just one , remained in the depth of my soul. There was this boy, this little bad boy I encountered centuries ago, a light in my solitude. We touched and then with lost contact for many years. The last time I saw him was by coincidence on a bus, I was pregnant with my first baby. He said: I see you're pregnant with your dream child. and those words stayed in my mind because they were so typically him. He knew more then any others my wish to have a daughter. I don't know if he recalls but he even proposed to father my child at the time. One night, I was so high that I collapsed on the dance floor. The bouncers picked me up and put me on those big speakers. When I finally recovered my senses, he said he freaked out, he thought I died, I answered: how could I die, I didn't have my kid yet. So that were the times.
Last friday, I had this urge inside of me to see Forrest Gump with my girls. But somehow for a weird reason, Forrest Gump became The world according to Garp in my mind. So I went to the video store to ask for The World according to Garp thinking I was asking for Forrest Gump. They didn't have it, they could have it only on monday. Since I'm a very impatient person and I had this urge and I couldn't wait until monday, I called La Boîte Noire for the movie. The person told me they had it on Mont-Royal and on Laurier. I usually go on Mont-Royal but I thought that Laurier was closer to me, since I live in Westmount. I had an errance to do before, I said I would be there within an hour. At la Boîte Noire, since it's not so close to me, I decided to see if they were other movies I could rent so I went down stairs. I thought of All That Jazz, they had it. When I was about to go, this young man stood in front of me, there he was, after all those years. I was in schock and him to. He told me I hadn't change which is sweet but I doubt. He aged in a beautiful way. So we went up the stairs together still amazed of our encounter, I picked up my movie at the counter and it is only when I saw Robin William on the cover that I realized my mistake. The thing is if I didn't make that mistake, we would never have seen each other again. They had Forrest Gump at my video store.
Isn't it a beautiful story !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire